Alice In Chains is the subject of a Funny Or Die mockumentary called AIC 23, which also features guest appearances from members of Metallica, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Guns N' Roses and more. According to Blabbermouth, the 11-minute film follows a fellow named Alan Poole McLard, a film studies professor at a community college who is trying to make a documentary about Alice In Chains without their cooperation. So instead McLard does his best to interview other musicians that may, or may not, have influenced the group throughout the years -- and some of them may look familiar under their wigs and costumes.
- Musicians who appear in the film include Soundgarden guitarist Kim Thayil, Ann and Nancy Wilson of Heart, Pearl Jam's Mike McCready, Lars Ulrich and Robert Trujillo from Metallica and Duff McKagan of Guns fame.
- Along with the already released "Hollow" and new single "Stone," the film features snippets of new tracks "Voices" and "Phantom Limb."
- All the songs are taken from Alice In Chains' upcoming fifth studio album, The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here, which is due out on May 28th.
- The band will perform "Stone" on the April 10th edition of ABC's Jimmy Kimmel Live.
- Alice In Chains will hit the road on a spring trek that starts on April 25th in Miami Beach and includes headlining slots at the Rocklahoma, Carolina Rebellion, Welcome To Rockville and Rock On The Range festivals.