Wednesday’s the day October ends, and Thursday’s the day when MOVEMBER begins. That’s when a solo moustache makes a bold statement about men’s health through The Movember Foundation. That’s a group that serves as a champion of fighting problems like testicular cancer, depression, suicide, and the like.
For those who want to participate, there are some steps you can take to prep your mug for mustached glory.
- Start with a clean slate. Shave that face and sign up through com.
- Choose your weapons – a good razor, shave gel or tonic, and beard oil are all good starts.
- Grow it out but realize that pushing really hard won’t speed up the growing process.
- Control the beard and keep it to the minimum so the ‘stache can be the star.
- The urge to shave might be unbearable if you’re not normally the facial hair type. Fight it.
- When people compliment or comment on your growing facial accoutrement, don’t be afraid to be an advocate for what you’re doing it for.
- Once December 1st hits, do what you want with it. You might find you like the hairier you, and don’t be afraid to own it.
Source: Men’s Health