Imagine stepping out of a time machine 50 years from now. What do you think life would look like? That’s the question that was posed to six of Britain’s leading academics for the ‘Future in Focus’ report released at the Samsung KX50 event.
What kind of tech do experts say we’ll have in 2069?
- Aquatic Superhighways.Underwater transport system where pods travel in sealed tubes enabling people to travel from the UK to mainland Europe in under an hour.
- Air Taxis and Buses.Drone-copters will fly us above traffic to speed us to our destinations.
- Virtual Companions.We will have digital companions that get to know us through health tracking sensors and encourage us to make the healthiest choices.
- Insect Burgers.Insects will become one of our main food protein sources and every kitchen will be equipped with growing pods and harvesting drawer.
- Aerial Sports.The Harry Potter flying broom game Quidditch will basically be a thing. By 2069 expert predict we’ll be cheering on four-dimensional aerial sports.
Other predictions included stuff like self-cleaning homes, 3D printed organs, inverted skyscrapers, and space vacations.